Last week, I talked about my journey with blogging, and how I’ve grown so much in my writing since last August. So many things I have learned, and there’s definitely so much more that I’m continuing to educate myself on.
With this being my last blog post until August, I wanted to record a special moment that I had earlier this evening on Thursday, July 19th, and why having a special place to write is an amazing gift to a poet and writer, like myself. During the live audio, you may hear the environment in the background as I sit in the park and reflect, and I wanted to join you in my peaceful time and world as a writer. So, sit back, listen, and also keep an eye out next week for a special announcement. Thank you for listening.
What I mentioned:
– My admiration for Phillis Wheatley
– Alice Walker discovering Zora Neale Hurston’s unmarked grave story: http://www.urchinmovement.com/2013/02/05/a-headstone-for-an-aunt-how-alice-walker-found-zora-neale-hurston/
– Alice Walker book: Her Blue Body Everything We Know: Earthling Poems 1965 – 1990 Complete
– Composition notebooks are the best notebooks
– I share a few poems from my notebook
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE LOVE AND SUPPORT!!